Karly tagged me for the 10 Things Meme and it goes like this: I write ten things about me, then I tag ten people and they write ten things about them, then they tag ten more people and on and on it goes until the world ends.
Now, here are my ten things.
- I love mowing grass. We have too much grass for one person to mow in one day at our house, so the whole family pitches in to get it done. Julia walks the property with her wagon, picking up rocks, sticks and other stuff that can get in the way. Dave and I mow – one of us on the riding lawnmower and the other using the push lawnmower (we switch off to make it fair). (I have to tell you – I am brilliant with the riding lawnmower. I mow in all kinds of awesome patterns. Yesterday’s mowing pattern was inspired by the letter ‘L.’ Next time, I’m thinking figure eights). Then, I run the weed eater while Dave cleans up and Julia waters the flowers. It’s about a six hour job and we do it every 5 days.
- I like to fantasize that I’m a contestant on American Idol. A lot.
- I used to dream about being on Star Search when I was little. I intended to sing Can’t Smile Without You if I ever made it on the show.
- I am all about this cover of Tracey Ullman’s They Don’t Know by Subterfuge.
- My maiden name is John. When I was in elementary school, I told my friends that Elton John and Olivia Newton-John were my relatives. (That was a lie.)
- I love lilies. I carried a bouquet of pink lilies when I married Dave.
- I cannot sleep without a blanket, even if I’m hot.
- My parents had planned to name me Paula Joann, but my mother changed her mind the first time she held me. She said I didn’t look like a Paula and named me Leslie instead. I have a Great Uncle Leslie. He has always believed I was named after him. I wasn’t.
- I am allergic to Penicillin. I always mispell that word. The only reason its spelled correctly here is because I looked it up. I also tend to put an extra ‘t’ in commitment.
- I have to clean my ears with Q-tips every time I take a bath or shower. I have to. I’m not sure what would happen if I didn’t do it. I think I’d probably spontaneously combust. I’m too scared to find out for sure so I’m just gonna keep doing it. Clean ears are happy ears.
Okay, now it’s time for tagging. So, I’m going to ta-
Hey, LOOK! Kittens!