Welcome to the second edition of The Haiku Buckaroo Contest! It was so much fun the first time, we just had to do it again!
There’s a lot to cover, so let’s get right to it.
A haiku has 17 syllables – five in the first line, seven in the second, and five in the third. Check out the entries from the original contest for some great examples.
Here’s how to enter the contest:
Bloggers: Write a haiku and post it on your blog. Be sure to mention this contest and link back to this entry in your post. Once your post is published, leave a link directly to your entry post at the Mr. Linky below.
Non-Bloggers: Submit your haiku via this entry form. I will provide a page on which all non-blogger haiku submissions will appear. Once your submission is received, it will be included on the non-blogger haiku submission page and a link to it will be added to Mr. Linky under your name.
You may enter more than once. Each haiku will be judged individually.
The overall contest winner (a.k.a. The Haiku Buckaroo) will receive a Magnetic Poetry Haiku Kit, a Haiku Buckaroo Mug, $25 via PayPal (or a gift card, if you’d rather) and a super-cool button for their blog (in their choice of white or black).
But, that’s not all!
Winners will also be chosen in the following categories by you, the readers:
- Most Inspiring Haiku
- Funniest Haiku
- Most Disgusting Haiku
- Scariest Haiku
- Most Erotic Haiku
And, there will be one winner selected at random from all entries.
In addition to earning the super-cool buckaroo button, the following prizes will be awarded to the random and category winners by random drawing:
- Delicious chocolate straight from The Netherlands courtesy of Jenn in Holland.
- An 8×10 matted print of one of her brilliant photos courtesy of Soccer Mom in Denial
- The Middle Place by Kelly Corrigan and Until I Find You By John Irving courtesy of Dirty Little Secret’s JerseyGirl89
- Me, Myself, and Bob by Phil Vischer courtesy of Toni at This Simple Life
- One HOT pack courtesy of Gretchen at Bananas and Toddlers
- A $15 donation to the charity of your choice courtesy of the absolutely amazing Laura at Twenty Five Days To Make A Difference. Additionally, I will match the donation to your charity, making it a $30 donation, as well as put $15 in your pocket via PayPal (or in a gift card somewhere you like if PayPal isn’t for you).
- A Shakespeare action figure courtesy of Jen at A2EATWRITE
The contest deadline is 11:59 p.m. EST, Friday February 15th.
Category finalists will be revealed and reader voting will take place here Monday February 18th – 24th.
Winners will be announced here on Monday February 25th.
Just seventeen syllables
And it could be you