Okay, so everyone finger paints. Why not change things up a bit? Let your kids try their hand (or foot – ha!) at painting with their feet!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A big ‘ole piece of paper (Cut open a brown paper bag or piece together some scrap paper. We used a poster size sheet of construction paper.)
- Paint (You can use finger paint or our sidewalk paint recipe – that’s what we used!)
- Paint containers (You can use pie plates or paper plates – anything your child’s foot will fit in and can easily step out of.)
- Music! (We listened to The Beatles. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, life goes on, bra!)
- An eager kiddo with some bare feet.
- Spread out your paper, pour your paint colors into your containers on the ground nearby and let your child step into the paint.
- Turn on some music and invite her to dance on her paper to create a masterpiece.
- It’s probably best to take this activity outdoors, because it can get a bit messy. Chances are, a hose, maybe even a little swimming pool, is out there. This is highly convenient for cleaning up.
- You may want to keep a bucket of water nearby to let your little artist clean off her feet before jumping from one color to another, although letting her mix up the colors can be fun, too.
- If you feel the urge to join in, don’t resist it. Painting with your feet is a good time no matter how old you are.
Originally written for and posted on the now-defunct My OH! Momma website.