This is a compensated review by BlogHer and Pop-Tarts.
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because it’s all about family and food. I really like my family and, it’s no secret, I love to eat. So, I was pretty excited when a box of Pop-Tarts Limited Edition flavor Frosted Pumpkin Pie landed on my doorstep. Thankfully, the assignment that came with them – to create a recipe using the new flavor – kept me from ripping right in and devouring them. After days of pondering (and exhibiting incredible restraint), my daughter Julia and I came up with this twist on a favorite baked apple recipe.
Baked Apples a la Pop-Tarts
* 4 Apples medium-large apples (Julia says shiny ones are best.)
* One Frosted Pumpkin Pie Pop-Tarts toaster pastry, crushed
* 4 Tablespoons of butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash and use a spoon to core the apples to within about 1/2 inch of the bottom.
- Peel some skin around the middle or the upper half of the apple. (This will keep it from splitting when it bakes.)
- Fill the apple with crushed Pop-Tarts.
- Top with 1 Tablespoon of butter.
- Add water to the baking dish until it’s about 1/4 of an inch deep.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of your apples. If they are tender when you pierce them with a fork, they’re done.
What about you? What are you grateful for? Tell me in the comments and you’ll be entered to win a $100 Visa giftcard from BlogHer! Is that awesome or what!?!
Want to earn additional entries? Tweet (@mymommysplace) about this promotion and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment and/or blog about this promotion and leave the URL to that post in a comment. Also, look for another Thanksgiving Pop-Tarts post next week where your comments will earn you another entry for this giftcard.
The giveaway runs until 11/25/10.
* No duplicate comments.
* This giveaway is open to U.S. residents age 18 or over.
* Winners will be selected via random draw, and will notified by e-mail.
* You have 48 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
You can find the official rules here.
Check out BlogHer’s round-up page for more recipes and 9 more chances to win!