This is a compensated review by BlogHer and Pop-Tarts®.
Everyone’s catching the holiday spirit – including Pop-Tarts with their Limited Edition Gingerbread flavor. I was given the task of creating a recipe from them. But how do you take something delicious and make it more delicious? You add chocolate. And peanut butter. Oh, and sugar! I decided to call it Reindeer Food. It was sweet enough to make my kids fly, after all. Here’s how to make it:
Pop-Tarts Reindeer Food
* 12 Gingerbread Pop-Tarts toaster pastries
* 1 cup of chocolate chips
* 1/2 cup of peanut butter
* 1/4 cup of butter
* 1 teaspoon of vanilla
* 2 cups of powdered sugar
- Cut 12 Gingerbread Pop-Tarts toaster pastries into bite-size pieces.
- Put the bite-size pieces in a large bowl and set aside.
- Add the chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and cook for about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Stir the chocolate and peanut butter mixture until smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the chocolate and peanut butter mixture over the Pop-Tarts pieces and stir until evenly coated.
- Add powdered sugar.
- Stir until the pieces are coated.
- Package up all pretty-like and share!
What’s your favorite holiday treat? Tell me in the comments and you’ll be entered to win a $100 Visa giftcard from BlogHer!
The giveaway runs until 12/25/10.
*No duplicate comments.
*You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
a) Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
b) Tweet about this promotion and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
c) Blog about this promotion and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
d) Read the official rules for alternate form of entry.
*This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older.
*Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail.
*You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
Visit the Exclusive Offers section for more recipes and chances to win!