Are your kids itching to get up and go? Grab a cardboard box and let their imaginations take off with their very own car!
- A box wide enough for your child to stand inside
- 2 paper cups
- 6 paper plates
- 2 lengths of ribbon
- Serated knife (for use by an adult)
- An assortment of art supplies: crayons, markers, stickers, paint, brushes, scissors, tape – whatever you have on hand
- Remove the lid from your box and use a serated knife to cut the bottom out.
- Cut a slice near each of the upper corners on the front and back of the car. This will be where you’ll thread the ribbon so your child can wear it.
- Decorate your box using the art supplies you have. We painted our box and added a race number and a bumper sticker.
- Attach two plates and paper cups as shown for headlights. We used brads, but you can use glue, tape, staples – whatever you’ve got – to stick them on.
- Decorate and attach four paper plates for tires.
- Thread a piece of ribbon through the slice in the front right corner and knot it on the inside. Thread the other end of the ribbon through the slice in the back right corner and knot it on the inside. Repeat with another piece of ribbon on the left side.
- Let your kid jump in and away they go! Vrooom Vroom!
Originally written for and posted on the now-defunct My OH! Momma website.