1. If it is cold enough for the National Weather Service to issue a Wind Chill Advisory and school to be delayed for two hours, it is also cold enough to freeze the hot water pipes going to the second floor of my house.

2. If the hot water pipes going to the second floor of my house are frozen and I want to bathe, I will do it in our downstairs bathroom.

Our downstairs bath tub

3. If I take a bath in the tub in our downstairs bathroom and I am mucho grande pregnant, I will get stuck in it.

4. Thank goodness Julia had that two hour delay and was there to help get me out of there.

5. Julia has declared, officially, that she never wants to be pregnant. EVER.

6. I spent about 5 hours at the hospital yesterday during which time I saw Jackson touch his nose, stretch and arch his back, flip over and kick! kick! kick!

Baby boy 28 weeks, 6 days

7. The specialist said there is a 10% chance that Jackson has a fetal defect. That means there’s a 90% chance that he’s perfectly fine! And though I was reminded how serious the condition is with my uterus and the fluid and all that, something about getting those numbers gave me incredible relief.

8. Since I saw the specialist from Akron Children’s Hospital at their office at my normal hospital yesterday and the SUPER-DUPER-EXTRA-HIGH-QUALITY-ULTRA-AWESOME Ultrasound Machine is located in Akron, I will be going there on Tuesday for another ultrasound and some more tests.

9. I have surmised that after that ultrasound, my next appointment will be in a vault at a secret location where Dave and the medical team will be placed in a submersible pod, shrunk down, and injected into me so they can look at Jackson from inside. I think that’s the next level.

10. The glucometer is my new best friend. I will feed it my blood 4-6 times a day.

My new best friend

11. 98 was my fasting blood sugar level this morning. It’s supposed to be 95 or less. (So close!)

12. Later today, I will meet with a dietician. She will tell me what to eat and when. I will call her every couple of days to confirm that I actually did it and share my blood sugar numbers. Then she will tell me if I need to make any changes to what and when I’m eating. Now if I could just get them to add in a personal chef…

13. If two little girls decide to play Hair Salon and get a hold of the Suave Professionals Sleek Anti-Frizz Cream…

Suave Professionals Sleek Anti-Frizz Cream

…their hair will look something like this:

Phoebe, the greaser

Even after it’s been washed numerous times. And blow dried. (That’s dry hair in that picture up there. That’s how serious that shit is.)

14. I’ve got Salsa Chicken and Black Bean Soup (minus the mushrooms) in the crock pot for dinner.

15. I’m feeling pretty damn grateful for my doctors and the medical care Jackson and I are getting and for my parents for taking such great care of my girls while I get it.

Feel like oversharing? Leave me a comment. (Really. I like them.)

Comments

1. Kathleen on January 24, 2013 11:17 am

LOVE your bathtub!

2. Kathleen on January 24, 2013 11:21 am

Oh, I fogot! Let us know how the soup is, it sounds wonderful (even with the mushrooms).

3. Veronica on January 24, 2013 1:45 pm

I’m glad your team is so good.

4. Triplezmom on January 24, 2013 4:00 pm

I’m glad you good news – I hope it gets even better when you get the secret-awesome-super ultrasound.

I really loved this post, btw.

5. April on January 24, 2013 4:50 pm

The super ultrasound is amazing! I had two a week with the twins. You’ll love the images you get from it. Really, it’s so cool it should be standard for all mommies to get a peek of their babies with. Seems like you’ve got some good news. Sorry you have to poke yourself so much. Fingers? Ouch. But it must be a relief knowing there is a reasonable cause for your fluid production. Yay for you. The days are passing quickly and you will be holding Jackson soon. :)

6. Lola on January 24, 2013 6:03 pm

LOL to getting stuck in the bathtub! Happened to me when I was preggers, too… teeheehee (t’was a very old, very precious, very antique thingy). And hey,Jackson looks cool! He has a cute face and obviously he is a sports fan. Please tell Julia if she never ever gets pregnant she will never have a chance of breeding her own baseball team or the like! Regarding your fasting blood sugar level: my hubby is diabetic, and his doc says everything under and around 100 is cool in the morning; hubby is known and famous in the doc’s office for hitting record marks like 175 in the morning – LOL! But his longtime bloodsugar measurement is okay. So cheer up! (and I am happy, too, that it is “just” gestational diabetes: there would have been a lot of worse things that could have affected your baby).

7. Jacquie on January 25, 2013 1:23 am

While pregnant with Keaton I had a bath and my youngest Jillian insisted on “helping” so I went to stand up and my arm slipped and well she had to help me get up and out…. It was soooo cute =)

I forget that our readings of blood sugars are different in Canada to the US and while I did look it up once I have forgotten :( eat well and call in you will do awesome!

8. German Girl on January 25, 2013 5:25 pm

90% is really a lot – that’s GREAT!
    I had GD aswell. And I quickly adjusted to the diet I had to stick to. It’s not as bad as it sounds at first. And you always know, you do it for your baby. Which makes it so much easier than doing it just for yourself.