1. If it is cold enough for the National Weather Service to issue a Wind Chill Advisory and school to be delayed for two hours, it is also cold enough to freeze the hot water pipes going to the second floor of my house.
2. If the hot water pipes going to the second floor of my house are frozen and I want to bathe, I will do it in our downstairs bathroom.
3. If I take a bath in the tub in our downstairs bathroom and I am mucho grande pregnant, I will get stuck in it.
4. Thank goodness Julia had that two hour delay and was there to help get me out of there.
5. Julia has declared, officially, that she never wants to be pregnant. EVER.
6. I spent about 5 hours at the hospital yesterday during which time I saw Jackson touch his nose, stretch and arch his back, flip over and kick! kick! kick!
7. The specialist said there is a 10% chance that Jackson has a fetal defect. That means there’s a 90% chance that he’s perfectly fine! And though I was reminded how serious the condition is with my uterus and the fluid and all that, something about getting those numbers gave me incredible relief.
8. Since I saw the specialist from Akron Children’s Hospital at their office at my normal hospital yesterday and the SUPER-DUPER-EXTRA-HIGH-QUALITY-ULTRA-AWESOME Ultrasound Machine is located in Akron, I will be going there on Tuesday for another ultrasound and some more tests.
9. I have surmised that after that ultrasound, my next appointment will be in a vault at a secret location where Dave and the medical team will be placed in a submersible pod, shrunk down, and injected into me so they can look at Jackson from inside. I think that’s the next level.
10. The glucometer is my new best friend. I will feed it my blood 4-6 times a day.
11. 98 was my fasting blood sugar level this morning. It’s supposed to be 95 or less. (So close!)
12. Later today, I will meet with a dietician. She will tell me what to eat and when. I will call her every couple of days to confirm that I actually did it and share my blood sugar numbers. Then she will tell me if I need to make any changes to what and when I’m eating. Now if I could just get them to add in a personal chef…
13. If two little girls decide to play Hair Salon and get a hold of the Suave Professionals Sleek Anti-Frizz Cream…
…their hair will look something like this:
Even after it’s been washed numerous times. And blow dried. (That’s dry hair in that picture up there. That’s how serious that shit is.)
14. I’ve got Salsa Chicken and Black Bean Soup (minus the mushrooms) in the crock pot for dinner.
15. I’m feeling pretty damn grateful for my doctors and the medical care Jackson and I are getting and for my parents for taking such great care of my girls while I get it.
Feel like oversharing? Leave me a comment. (Really. I like them.)