Veronica, one of my newest blogging pals, has tagged me for a meme. The Crazy 8 Meme! Yeah, yeah, yeah. I did it before. But this time, I’m doing it with a twist! It’s the The Crazy 8 Meme – High School Version. Specifically, my senior year of high school.
Awesome idea, isn’t it? I know! It wasn’t mine. Michelle at Scribbit did it first after being tagged for the same Random Things meme a few times. She did a high school or teenage version, which was just brilliant. So, I
copied stole was inspired by her idea and decided to apply it here.
Now, here we go! Back to 1994.
Things I’m Passionate About:
1. My boyfriend
2. My hair
3. Becoming a neurologist
4. Beverly Hills 90210
5. Well-defined calf muscles & a bikini-worthy tummy
7. My clothes
8. My hair (I know I said it once, but really, it was very important to me.)
Things I Want To Do Before I Die:
I consulted my Senior Book for accuracy on this one. Here’s what I found listed as my “Dreams and Goals.”
1. Get married
2. Have children (Specifically a boy and a girl, in that order. Yeah, I actually wrote that down.)
3. Visit Ilka in Germany
4. Visit Australia
5. See The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway
6. Own a BMW
7. Design & build my own home
8. Stay married to the same person my whole life. (I went on, at length, about how I never, never, never wanted to be divorced. Oh, how disappointed 17-year old Leslie would be in me. But it’s okay. She doesn’t know what I know.)
Things That I Say Often:
1. I’m sorry. (My nickname could have been ‘Door mat.’ I apologized for everything. I don’t do that anymore.)
2. You go girl!
4. Does burping count? I did that a lot. I could burp words…so, yeah. I just decided. It counts.
5. Excuse me. (Okay, I burped a lot, but I had manners.)
6. Later. (This was how I said good-bye. I know. I oozed cool. In college it grew into “Check ya later.”)
7. Chica. (I called all my girls Chica. Because I’m hip with a Spanish flair. Or something.)
8. The double pistol finger raspberry (Okay, technically this isn’t something I said, but it was a gesture that included sound from my mouth. And it communicated a specific message. I’m including it.)
Books I’ve Read Recently (Or Am Reading):
1. Pet Sematary by Stephen King
2. The Bible (This is actually the most read book in my life. I’ve read it cover to cover four times and read it daily when I was a high-schooler. You know, preacher’s daughter and all.)
3. The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty
4. The Entity by Frank De Felitta
5. Christy by Catherine Marshall
6. The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton
7. The Tiger Lily by Shirlee Busbee – This book inspired many a night of self-love. It’s very sexy. And I’ll even let you in on a very naughty secret. But first, Mom, Dad & Grandma – close your eyes and hit scroll. Okay. Here’s the secret: I used to read the sexy parts of this book to a guy – a guy that was not my boyfriend, but oh, I wish he had been – over the phone. In a seductive voice. It was really out of character for me as I was, truly, a pretty good girl. It was the effect of that book. Damn, it was steamy. And that guy. He was steamy, too.
8. Story of O by Pauline Reage – If you thought the last book was scandalous, I’ll give you a moment to pick your jaw up off the floor. You’re probably wondering how this book could be on the same list as The Bible. But, if you really think about when you were a teenager, you may understand. Teenagers are curious and searching and discovering who they are. This was all part of that. And part of dating an older guy.
Songs I Can Listen To Over And Over :
(And I’ve linked ’em up to YouTube so you can listen to them over and over, too!)
1. The Sign by Ace of Base
2. I’m Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers
3. Can’t Help Falling In Love by UB40
4. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
5. I’d Do Anything For Love by Meatloaf
6. No Rain by Blind Melon
7. Two Princes by The Spin Doctors
8. What’s Up by Four Non Blondes
What Attracts Me To My Friends:
1. Sense of humor
2. Fun-loving spirit
3. Shared experiences
5. Fashion sense
6. Good hair
Things That I Learned That Year:
1. A great tan can make you look thinner. And hotter. I mean, freakin’ hot.
2. A girl can only live so long on a diet of plain baked potatoes and Diet Pepsi.
3. A true friend will let you puke in the back of her car and never say a word.
4. You’re never too old for a slumber party.
5. Being kind is always worth it.
6. Gullibility can be a real character flaw.
7. The church can often have very little to do with God or righteousness.
8. Never assume you’ll have time to fix something later. You never know when you’ll say good-bye to someone for the last time.
This time, I’m tagging my husband, so he can quit whining that I never tag him. Or link to him. And he can see how challenging this meme really is.
Have fun, Grimm. *insert maniacal laughter here*